18.11.10

#45 on Bucket List - Getting Kicked out a Charity Ball



Definition of an adult - a person who has attained the age of majority and is therefore regarded as independent, self-sufficient, and responsible.

Definition of a crazy adult - someone who gets drunk at a charity function, insults an auctioneer for insulting their fiance then gets their whole table kicked out of the event. Then drunkenly walks to Bungalow and causes such a fuss he isn't allowed in.

I was invited to a black tie event expecting a high class snobby London affair and what I got was a front row seat at The Jerry Springer show. I thought if anyone was going to get kicked out of a charity dinner it would've been Sarah. But, alas, it wasn't. The ball was in support of Training for Life, a job scheme that puts homeless people back to work. As event's go, it was pleasant enough, even though they dragged out each course well beyond reasonable means. We were served our main two hours into the event. Good thing I am off wine at the moment because I would have been incredibly drunk with no food to sustain me. Although the nights' events were definitely shocking (I could see my Grammy shaking her head in disgust) it was a good time.

Craig, as always, was a reliable plus one. He wore a makeshift Dinner Jacket (tuxedo for us Yanks) and a clip-on bowtie. My own boyfriend was unable to make the nights' festivities because ... well now looking back on it, I don't really know why. The highlight of the night was watching Craig in his makeshift Dinner Jacket play the piano. Who knew he was so talented? Who knew Sarah would stay to Bungalow 8 till 5a? Who knew I would become my judgemental Grammy so fast?

Just another wonderful night in London.
Nxx

Craig tinkling the ivories - he's a teacher level pianist

Sophia & Sarah

The Twins, Sarah & Jessica




No comments:

Post a Comment