14.11.10

The Lord Mayor's Show


Alderman Michael Bear, Lord Mayor
The Lord Mayor's Show is an annual event that takes place in London Rememberance Weekend. Last November I was in Rome filming Italy's answer to Deal or No Deal, and I completely missed the event. So, when Nigie announced his Naval Reserve unit would be marching in the Lord Mayor's parade and asked if I wanted to come, like President Bush when asked if he approved of water boarding, I responded 'hell yes.' Yet unlike Prez Bush, I didn't have henchmen to keep me on schedule so I missed my beautiful Nigie marching by mere seconds. No pictures to show. No need to fret though, when Nig came home around 1am he directed me to BBC iPlayer, where we watched his two minutes of fame over and over and over again. It was exhilarating. BBC's coverage of the parade was quite thorough. Almost too thorough.

Although I wasn't able to see Nigie, my lovely Sister Sarah's parents Irene and Damian visiting from Belfast, saw him and the whole parade. I only spent a short while with her parents but the time I spent with them was memorable. Her dad is Ireland's version of a taller, married George Clooney and Irene came out with us the next night to the Soho House to see the Brit Girls. She and the drag queens made fast friends. It was lovely to meet the Maguires.


The Lord Mayor's Firework show was truly spectacular. I was very impressed and even teared up during the event. Maybe I was moved by the extravaganza of the whole day or maybe I was a little tipsy from a Mango Madness Snapple. Those things are are deadly.

Can't wait to see the show next year. Hopefully I will get to see Nig live in action.

Nxx


No comments:

Post a Comment